Yorkshire...When are you coming?
Yorkshire is the UK's biggest county and home to some of Europe's most stunning countryside and coastline. The famous rolling hills of the Yorkshire Dales and miles of glorious countryside including the North York Moors, the Wolds, and the Pennines are matched by the spectacular beauty of the coastline and some of the UK's most popular seaside resorts.
Our vibrant cities are complemented by pretty market towns. We may be famous for our Yorkshire tea but the county is also home to hundreds of breweries and thousands of great pubs and restaurants.
Where to stay?
Looking for where to stay while enjoying the Tour? Click here for some help.
The UK's biggest county & home to some of Europe's most stunning countryside and coastline.
The Y facts
- Yorkshire is the UK's biggest county
- Around 40m visitors come to Yorkshire every year for heritage-related tourism, which is more than the typical number of visitors to Times Square (the most visited tourist attraction in the world) in a year
- Yorkshire is home to 6 national museums, 7 cities & 3 national parks
- Yorkshire has 5 Michelin star restaurants - more than anywhere outside of London
- York Minster is the largest Gothic Cathedral in Northern Europe; it took 252 years to build and contains 128 stained glass windows
- Yorkshire is home to 9 racecourses and some of the top training stables in the UK
- Bradford beat Los Angeles, Cannes and Venice to achieve UNESCO City of Film status
- Sheffield is home to the world's oldest football club, Sheffield FC
- Mother Shipton's Cave in Yorkshire is the oldest visitor attraction in the world
- The Humber Bridge in Hull is the longest single-span suspension bridge in the UK and second longest in Europe
- The Deep visitor attraction in Hull is the world's only submarium and home to more than 3,000 sea creatures
- The Shambles in York has been voted as Britain's most picturesque street in the 2010 Google Street Awards
- Leeds, Scarborough & York are all in the top seven most visited towns and cities in the country
- The seaside resort of Scarborough is the most visited holiday place in the country outside of London