Friday 6th March marks 2 months to go until the first Tour de Yorkshire! To celebrate, we have a selection of prizes up for grabs, including a once in a lifetime prize to give away to one very lucky winner.
This exclusive VIP experience will see the winner taking a space in one of the Tour’s official vehicles, allowing you to experience the race from a very different viewpoint. Enjoy driving the route alongside the peloton, as the crowds cheer from the roadside.
Enjoy goodies galore, including your very own Tour de Yorkshire cycling jersey.
Behind the scenes book about last year’s Grand Départ, by noted photographer Jude Palmer. Jude followed the Welcome to Yorkshire team in the months leading up to the Grand Départ, and her book documents the story behind race weekend. Not available for public sale, this book is a rare insight into the work of Gary Verity and his team.
All you need to do for your chance to win is tell us where you plan to be on race day. So whether you’ll be enjoying Stage 1, Bridlington to Scarborough, our ‘stage of sea & beauty’; Stage 2, Selby to York, a ‘stage of history and heritage’; or Stage 3, Wakefield to Leeds the ‘stage of hills and heroes’, let us know where you’ll be for you chance to win!
Don’t miss your chance to win these fantastic prizes!
Entering the competition
2. You must be at least eighteen years of age to be eligible to enter this Competition. By entering the Competition, you confirm and warrant that you are at least eighteen years of age on the closing date of the competition, Friday 27th March. By entering this Competition you are stating that you have read and accept the terms and conditions. If requested by Us, You shall provide evidence of your age to us.
3. This Competition is only open to those residing in the United Kingdom.
4. The deadline for entry is Friday 27th March 2015, 5pm. Any entries received after this closing date and time will not be considered.
5. Employees or agencies of Welcome to Yorkshire, their family members, or anyone else connected may not enter the competition.
6. Only one entry per person will be permitted and multiple entries will be void and the entrant(s) disqualified.
7. We reserve the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
8. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your Competition entry to us.
9. If you have any questions about how to enter, or in connection with the Competition, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Prizes include VIP Tour de Yorkshire experience, Tour de Yorkshire goody bag and Grand Départ photography book.
11. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable.
12. No cash alternative is available.
13. The winner will be selected at random via a lottery method.
14. The lottery's decision is final.
15. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside our control, we reserve the right to vary or withdraw any element of the Prize or offer an alternative prize of equal value. No cash alternative will be offered.
16. The winners of the prize will be notified by 12pm on Wednesday 1st April 2015 via the email address supplied by the winner when they entered the competition.
17. The winner will be asked to provide their name and address by the latest at 5pm on Friday 3rd April 2015 and to confirm their wish to accept the Prize. In the event that we do not receive a response by such date, we reserve the right to reallocate the prize to another entrant.
19. VIP ticket winners may be subject to a background security check prior to prize being awarded. We reserve the right not to award the prize to anyone who refuses the background check or who does not receive satisfactory clearance.
Publishing the winning entry
20. The winning entry and selected other entries may be published on the Le Tour Yorkshire website.
21. We reserve the right not to publish or to cease to publish your competition entry for any or no reason including, without limitation, if we deem that your entry is in breach of this paragraph or is in breach of any applicable law or regulation or otherwise may create a liability for Welcome to Yorkshire.
Some other rules
22. We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
23. No purchase is necessary.
24. Nothing in the Rules shall exclude the liability of Welcome to Yorkshire for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
25. Welcome to Yorkshire accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by any person as a result of entering the Competition or accepting any Prize. Welcome to Yorkshire further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to You or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the competition.
26. Welcome to Yorkshire shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
27. We shall keep your personal details for a reasonable time so that we can operate the Competition and verify that the Rules have been complied with.