Apply to be the Tour de Yorkshire Charity 2020
Welcome to Yorkshire plans to make the 2020 Tour de Yorkshire even bigger than this year, and we are inviting bids from charities who share this ambition.
The Tour de Yorkshire was launched as a joint venture between Welcome to Yorkshire and the Amaury Sport Organisation (ASO) in 2015 after the county successfully hosted the Tour de France Grand Départ in 2014. Alongside the Tour de Yorkshire sits the Asda Tour de Yorkshire Women’s Race, which has enjoyed the same level of TV coverage as the men’s race and is one of the most lucrative women’s races in the world with a prize pot of £50,000, helping to push for greater parity between men and women cycling.
The race has grown in stature since it’s inception and in 2017 the women’s race increase in length from one day to two and the men’s race increase from three days to four.
In 2019, the race saw 1.9m spectators along the route and passed through 150 cities, towns and villages in Yorkshire. The economic impact of the 2019 edition was £60m and the race was broadcast in 190 territories around the world making it a truly global spectacle and an ideal promotional opportunity for it’s official charity.
The official Tour de Yorkshire charity will have:
- Exclusive rights to associate themselves with the Tour de Yorkshire
- A two box composite logo designed incorporating the charity logo and Tour de Yorkshire logo
- Web profile on letouryorkshire.com as the official charity
- Full page advert within the Road Book, this is the event guide printed for all teams and event partners.
- Advert in spectator guide
- Opportunities to fundraise at any corporate / black-tie events associated with Tour de Yorkshire
- Logo on the race poster
- Social media activity
- Activation space at the starts/finishes each day: opportunity to sell merchandise, fundraise, provide giveaways, competitions, engagement with the public etc.
- Charity partner press release
- Supply of Tour de Yorkshire assets (map, route maps and a selection of rights free images)
- Logo to appear on the giant screen at starts/finishes to highlight charity partnership
- Charity branding in the media and press room
- VIP Hospitality: 4 passes per day (2 start/2 finish)
- Eve of TDY Team Presentation: 4 tickets
- Five free registrations for the amateur sportive
- Feature within the Allez Yorkshire newsletter (65,000 database)
- Direct mail activity via Welcome to Yorkshire databases
- Opportunity to promote fundraising to the business community via Tour de Yorkshire ‘roadshow’ events in the run up to the Tour
- Inclusion in on-line signup process for the sportive
- This list is not exhaustive. Other bespoke opportunities are available and we would look to maximise the opportunities to raise funds.
To apply to be the Tour de Yorkshire’s official charity, please complete the application form below.
A Welcome to Yorkshire internal panel will shortlist applications. Shortlisted charities will be notified by Wednesday 30 October 2019. We will only contact shortlisted charities. If you have not heard from us by then your application has not been shortlisted.
The official charity will be chosen by Welcome to Yorkshire Board from the shortlisted charities. The Board’s decision will be final.
Any queries should be directed to Claudine Shaw: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 27th September 2019.