The search is on for the Official 2020 Tour de Yorkshire Artist
For the Period 1st January 2020 – end December 2020
(Full terms will be agreed on appointment – commission rates etc)
The Tour de Yorkshire was launched as a joint venture between Welcome to Yorkshire and the Amaury Sport Organisation (ASO) in 2015 after the county successfully hosted the Tour de France Grand Départ in 2014. The fifth edition in 2019 saw 1.9 million fans line the roadside during the four days of action and boosted Yorkshire’s economy by £60 million.
Welcome to Yorkshire plans to make the 2020 Tour de Yorkshire even bigger than this year, and we are inviting bids from Yorkshire artists who share this ambition and would like to be part of the incredible journey.
The official Tour de Yorkshire Artist will have will have:
Exclusive rights to associate themselves with the Tour de Yorkshire
- A two-box composite logo designed incorporating the Artist logo and Tour de Yorkshire logo
- Web profile on letouryorkshire.com as the official artist
- Full page advert within the Road Book, this is the event guide printed for all teams and event partners.
- Coverage in the TDY spectator guide
- Logo on the race poster
- Social media activity – agree a plan
- Activation space at the starts/finishes each day: opportunity to sell and promote the artist and the official artwork, provide giveaways, competitions, engagement with the public etc.
- Artist partner press release
- Supply of Tour de Yorkshire assets (map, route maps and a selection of rights free images) – subject to approval
- Logo to appear on the giant screen at starts/finishes to highlight artist partnership
- Artist branding in the media and press room
- VIP Hospitality: 4 passes per day (2 start/2 finish)
- Eve of TDY Team Presentation: 4 tickets
- Five free registrations for the amateur sportive
- Features (TBA) within the Allez Yorkshire newsletter (65,000 database)
- Direct email activity via Welcome to Yorkshire databases
- Opportunity to promote artist to the business community via Tour de Yorkshire 'roadshow' events in the run up to the Tour.
This list is not exhaustive. Other bespoke opportunities are available and we would look to maximise opportunities to raise the profile and the sales opportunity for the artwork.
- To apply to be the Tour de Yorkshire’s official artist, please download and complete the application form here.
- A Welcome to Yorkshire internal panel will select the successful artist based on the information provided.
- Applications to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The selected artist will be notified by the Friday 29th November 2019.
- The artist will be announced as part of the routes announcement in January 2020.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 15th November.
Key dates to notes
- Deadline for full submission - Friday 15th November
- Decision on artist - by Friday 29th November 2019
- The artist will be announced at the routes press conference – January 2020
- Artwork to be unveiled at Welcome to Yorkshire's Y20 Conference in April 2020 STC
Full terms will be agreed on appointment – commission rates etc.